Bob was born, raised, and educated in New York City. He graduated from the High School of Music and Art where along with the regular art program of ceramics, painting and sculpture, he majored in architecture. He next graduated NYU and then Cooper Union where he majored in graphic design while also serving as the student representative. Next came a career in graphic design working for several prestigious design firms and garnering many awards including “Best Packaging of the Decade”.
He worked as an Art Director at large and then began his own studio. After 20 years he decided to put this phases of his career behind him and begin a new career as a classically trained fine artist. To this end he gegan studying at The Art Student”s League of New York with Frank Porcu, Harvy Dinnerstein, Burton Silverman, Dan Greene and Leonid Lerman. Also at this time he took evening classes at the New York Academy of Figurative Art with Dan Thompson, Jon deMartin, and John Wellington. He then entered and completed the 2 yr MFA program in 2006. During the Summers he studied with Michael Grimaldi and Brandon Soloff at studio 126 and with Steven Assael in his studio.
Upon graduationg NYAA Bob was accepted into the Grand Central Academy of Art, which then combined with The Waterstreet Atelier under Jacob Collins and after the normal 4 years of study, Bob began painting independently in his studio in order to amass a collected body of work. Bob has now begun his career as a fine artist.
Awards and Exhibitions
- Partial sholarship to NYU
- Partial sholarship to NYAA
- Full sholarship to Cooper Union
- Art Renewal Salon Exhition 2012 Honorable Mention
- 2013 Honorable Mention THe Artist Magazine Shades of Gray Competition
- 2006 NYAA Master Thesis Exhibition
- 2007 End of Year Exhibit The Grand Central Academy of Art
- 2010 End of Year Exhibit The Grand Central Academy of Art
- 2012 Art Renewal Salon Exhibition
- 2013 Art Renewal SalonExhibition
- 2013 Oil Painters of America Salon Exhibition
- 2013 Richeson75 Small Works Show
- 2013 National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society Salon Exhibition
- 2013 Salmagundi Club New Members Exhibit
- 2013 Greenhouse Gallery Salon Exhibit
- 2013 The New York Optimist Online Magazine Front Cove and article